South Cobb Council of PTAs Scholarships acknowledge graduating seniors who seek to further their education at a vocational/technical school or college/university. The scholarships are funded solely through member local unit PTA/PTSA contributions. The amount of each scholarship may vary from year to year depending on contributions.
The 2016 Scholarship amount will be $750.
Who is Eligible?
A graduating senior who:
- Is a current member of a high school PTSA that is a member of South Cobb Council of PTAs
- Has a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Will attend a vocational/technical school or college/university during the upcoming school year.
Eligible students must submit:
- A completed Scholarship application.
- Certified High School Transcript. It should include all academic credit through the first semester or quarter of the 12th grade as well as cumulative G.P.A.
- Proof of current PTSA membership (a copy of membership card).
- A complete essay on the assigned topic; not to exceed two (2) pages (see scholarship application).
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or guidance counselor and a character reference letter from an adult who is not a family member.